OCR API - FAQ
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you store documents in your servers?
2. Is this service available 24/7?
3. Is it possible to use the free service in a commercial project?
Yes, you can use the free API in a commercial project, but it comes with no (uptime) guarantees.
4. What is the difference between the free OCR API and the commercial version?
5. What happens if you miss your 100% uptime guarantee?
Our SLA (service level agreement) is easy: 100% uptime guarantee - if both access points are ever down at the same time, we refund 100% of your monthly invoice.
6. What happens if I am unhappy with the PRO account for a reason other than uptime?
Please contact us. If we can not fix the issue, we will refund you the current month in full.
7. Do you store my credit card on your servers?
No. We do not store any payment information on our servers. All subscription billing is managed by Fastspring.
8. What are the URLs of the commercial OCR API access points?
You will receive the URLs of the three global access points and your API key in the welcome email directly after you have signed-up for the PRO or PRO PDF account.
9. Where are the access points located?
The free OCR API access point is in the EU, and the commercial version has also access points in the US and Asia. If you need a specific location, just let us know.
10. I am an indie developer I am looking for a free/low cost OCR solution.
You found the right place :-)
11. Would it be possible for you to alert me of an upcoming planned downtime?
12. I’m getting the message that the API key is invalid. Does it take a while until it is active?
All API keys (free and PRO) are active immediately. If you have any issue with the API then:
13. If your question is not answered here,...
...please contact us.